Want to give your hair a new color? Confused between balayage services and ombre services? Read further to find out the basic differences between balayage and ombre.
Balayage is a French word which means “to sweep” and hence balayage hair color is done by freehand sweeping i.e. highlighting the hair. In this process, no such tools are used for the application of the color, the stylist uses their hands to apply the color evenly on your hair.
You can either do this yourself or visit a balayage salon for the change of color. Here’s how experts recommend to do this:
- Section your hair into 3 parts and take the first thin strand of hair from the bottom-most section.
- Start applying the dye on the strand from the bottom.
- Make sure that the amount of dye is heavy at the tips and gets lighter as you move towards the roots.
- Do the same process for every 1-inch strand but apply the dye strand by strand from alternate sides.
- Once you have finished dying all the hair strands, leave your hair for some minutes according to the instructions and then wash your hair.
Balayage process doesn’t require foil wrapping.
Balayage hair color looks fabulously natural as it is light from the top and gets darker at the bottom. Getting balayage services from professional would give better results and a more gorgeous look.
Types of Balayage
Balayage can be done in various ways, however, each type gives highly satisfying and stunning results. Below are some eye-catching types of balayage:
- In order to get light color balayage, foil technique is used during balayage to get maximum heat which lightens the shade.
- Mix balayage with highlights for a regular super stylish look.
- Combine balayage and baby-lights and apply it on the hairline and around the face to enhance the glow.
- Mix different shades to get a unique shade with a stunning dimensional look.
Maintenance of Balayage
When new hair is grown, re-dye your hair with balayage by following the same process. To prevent your color from washing out during shower, ask the expert `about the right products that you could use. Moreover, whenever you wash your hair, make sure the water is lukewarm.
Ombre is also a French word which means “shadow”. Ombre can be defined as the opposite of balayage because, in balayage, the color is lighter at the roots and darker at the tips, on the other hand, in ombre, color is darker at the top and lighter at the bottom.
Ombre can easily be done at home by following instructions but if you are not sure about your skills then get it done by an expert. The steps include:
- Divide your hair into several sections equally and tie an elastic band till the point you want the color to be dyed.
- Hair is bleached to get the faded look. An alternative to bleach in the blonde hair color which is much safer for the hair strands but doesn’t give out the desired results.
- Start bleaching the hair till the fade line.
- Leave the bleach to work on your hair. Remember, the longer you wait, the lighter the color will get. So, according to your desire, wait between 10-45 minutes.
- Wash your hair and let it dry.
- Split your hair again into sections and tie elastic bands.
- Apply the color to the strands evenly using a hair color brush.
- According to the instructions, leave the color to set and then wash it.
Ombre gives your hair a gradient and an extremely jaw-dropping look. The end result of ombre is like the transition of color from a lighter tone to a fabulous darker one.
Types of Ombre
Two attractive types of ombre are:
- Sombre – It makes the contrast of two tones softer.
- Color melting – Multiple shades (usually 2-3) are applied at the same time on a single strand and then these colors are mixed using a brush.
Maintenance of Ombre
Just like any other hair color, use the right care products and get the touch-ups done if more color is needed.
Now that you know the basic differences between balayage and ombre, choose the best one for yourself and head to an ombre or balayage salon Olney MD.
6 Important Balayage Tips From ExpertsJanuary 24, 2019
Top 11 Things You Should Know About Permanent Hair StraighteningOctober 30, 2018
Guide On How To Choose Best Fashionable SunglassesApril 25, 2018