Dental implants, or implants for teeth, are referred to the surgical components which are incorporated inside your jaw or mouth, for the sole purpose of supporting dental prosthetics.
All you need to know about dental implants
- According to the American Academy of Implant Dentistry (AAID), 15 million people living in the US have had a replacement for a missing tooth. Furthermore, 10 % of dentists working in the US place implants, and with that number increasing, the success rate of dental implants is said to be approximately 98%. With all these facts & figures pointing towards the boom of dental implants in recent years, it is imperative to analyze the benefits of implant dentistry.
- As technology progresses at an exponential rate, mankind swarms to advance in various fields. One of them happens to be, implants for t These implants are usually placed to improve facial structure. When majority of your natural teeth have broken or fall of, the jawbone cannot simulate bone growth. Instead, the human body recognizes that the jawbone cannot suffice to grow natural teeth so it starts to dissolve away. This largely disturbs the facial structure, as lips fold in and the lower face dwindles away, as wrinkles spring up, making you look a lot older than you actually are. Implants for teeth, help solve this menacing hurdle, by improving you overall facial structure and making you look a lot younger.
- Implants dentistry has also sought out to improve other aspects. An overall reformed jawbone, with no missing teeth, will help improve your eating habits. This is will further nourish your diet, and compel you to eat healthy. Thereby, confirming that a ‘healthy mouth breeds a healthy life.’
- Implants for teeth are also beneficial over conventional dentures. These conventional dentures required messy adhesives which at times required special supervision to put on. Implants dentistry revolutionized oral health, by providing a one-time solution for all your problems. Dentures often produce a clicking sound while you eat, and they may also require cleaning after meals. With implants for your teeth, all these problems are hastily taken care of, with an added benefit of chewing with ease and eating all sorts of food, without the worry of further bone loss.
- Moreover, implants dentistry has also proved to be helpful to avoid gum diseases. A missing tooth can often be a breeding ground for bacteria in your mouth. This can cause massive deterioration of oral health. A missing tooth can also cause adjacent teeth to become unstable, leading to problems with chewing food which can in turn cause headaches or pain in the jawbone. Implants for teeth help prevent all these problems. Hence, it is crucial to get an implant for teeth before your oral health worsens.
Implants dentistry in the best dental clinic falls chruch has come a long way since its inception. This is largely because implants for teeth have been massively efficient in tackling all the issues which we face as we age. Implants for teeth simply help resolve issues which old age brings along with it. They help us live freely, and eat as we please.